This is a simple recipe that can be customized to make various forms of fluffy slime. Children of ALL AGES (adults too) enjoy squishing, squashing, and stretching slime for hours - fluffy slime is not exception! A fabulous, low-cost resource you can create yourself during your time at home in lockdown.
· Shampoo of any type, though the thicker, the better
· Food colouring (optional)
1. Put 1/2 cup shampoo and 1/4 cup of cornflour in a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add 3 drops of food colouring.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
5. Knead the slime for around 5 minutes.
If you find that your slime is still sticky after kneading it for a while, keep adding cornflour to the slime and knead it in until you get a good consistency.
The recipe has worked great many times when I tried it a couple times with just 1/4 cup cornflour but have been advised that sometimes 2 x 1/4 cups were needed to get the dough-like consistency of a good fluffy slime. If you end up with a semi-hard, semi-stretchy, moist, light, almost dough-like slime, you did the recipe right.
Add more water for a wetter, stretchier slime, bits of polystyrene beads to make popping slime or glitter for unicorn slime, for example.
Have fun exploring your fluffy slime!
“Life is playfulness…We need to play so that we can rediscover the magic all around us.” ~ Flora Colao