The thing some children love most about this no-bake rice bubble and oat slice it is the crunch that the puffed rice cereal gives it.
This no-bake rice bubble and oat slice keeps the rice bubble crunch but ditches a fair bit of the sugar and adds in some oats to make its energy a little longer lasting.
It is so quick and easy, and only requires around 5-7 minutes of prep; children of ALL AGES can make it! A yummy lockdown treat for the whole family!
3 Tbsp Honey (45ml)
½ Cup Peanut Butter (120g)
2 Cups rice bubble/puffed rice cereal
1 Cup Oats
1. In a large saucepan melt honey and butter.
2. Add the peanut butter and melt into this mixture, this will not take long, you just want the peanut butter to melt into the honey mix, but you do not want to cook it, so watch and stir then remove from the heat. If you over cook the peanut butter you will end up with a crumbly slice.
3. Add the Puffed rice cereal/ rice bubbles and oats.
5. Press into a baking paper lined tin.
6. Refrigerate for 4hrs.
7. Slice! Big or small – it’s your choice!
Store this slice either in the fridge or the freezer.
You can substitute butter for coconut oil, it needs to be an oil that solidifies when cool.
“The secret ingredient in baking is always love” - Anonymous